Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain Relief Tips

Danny CrutcherDDanny Crutcher Posts: 1
edited 07/06/2014 - 9:18 PM in Degenerative Disc Disease

For those of you who have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease, this information may be helpful to you.

I personally have degenerative L3 & 4 discs. Several years ago they started bugling rather badly and I ended up having surgery to have them "shaved down" to geh the pressure off of the sciatic nerve and relieve the pain. The surgery worked in the short term, but a year later I fond myself in the same position again. The discs were bulging and causing extreme discomfort.

At this point I knew surgery was not an option, as it only fixed the symptom and did not cure the problem. Anyone who has degenerating discs has to find a way to keep their spine stretched and spacing in those lower discs to keep them from bulging, etc.

From personal experience one of the best things I have done for my back is inversion therapy. It stretches the spine, taking the pressure off of the discs in the vertebrae. It also helps straighten the spine which is critical to good health in itself.

Try an inversion table or some type of spinal decompression therapy. It will really reap benefits for your spine and lower back.

Have a great day!

Link removed, not permitted.
Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I also wanted to share my miracle relief.

I have found an osteopath (who also does proper back manipulation) who every single time makes my back pain disappear. He says that he corrects my back's position and afterwards the body is able to heal. Usually he tells me that my hips are unaligned and he "straightened" them! The treatment is a bit "strange" and I am everytime a bit doubting if it will work or not but so far EVERY TIME Im "cured". With DDD I get pain from time to time.. Just by doing something incorrectly at the gym or lifting up heavier items, but now I haven't had to suffer that long.

The trick is of course to find a good osteopath (as it is for any practitioner) but don't give up before trying all possibilities!
  • Please clear using inversion with your doctor first. It's not appropriate with many spine conditions. Take it very slow & follow all of the instructions...you could seriously hurt yourself if you don't!
    When my problems first started I purchased an inversion table. It didn't work for me but I sold it on Craig's List for the same money I paid for it so nothing lost. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.