Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice please

Hi I am new to this group so this is my 1st post and I was just after some advice please.I had an accident at work where I got knocked backwards onto a concrete floor by something weighing 180kg.I went to my doctor and booked in to see a chiropractor who has said I have whiplash ,traumatic ls facet and sacroiliac joint irritation all caused by my fall.I have currently had 4 weeks sick and am seeing the chiropractor every week,the thing is I aren't sure how long the recovery take as I am still in pain and it hurts more if I lift things,but my job is in a supermarket doing 10 hour shifts restacking the shelves which is heavy work ,I am worried that if I go back too early my back and neck aren't going to get a proper chance to heal,but the chiropractor said most people go back to work after 2 weeks but I am assuming these people do office jobs not a 10 hr shift on your feet lifting the whole time,also I have never had any trouble with my back but do you thnk that this would of weekened my back.I am currently taken naproxen and amitrypline but I don't feel any different am still in pain.

• LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 07/07/2014 - 4:15 AM
    Have you had a MRI? Are you going through workers comp? What hurts exactly, your lower back, legs etc? Have you discussed with your Dr that you've had no pain relief. I've always been instructed not to have chiropractic adjustments because of certain spine problems so pay attention and make sure the visits aren't causing any additional pain. It sounds like you need to recheck with your Dr and see about having an MRI if you haven't already. I wouldn't go back to work too soon because it can cause additional problems. It's best to get to the bottom of it first, or at minimum, wait until the pain is better controlled.

Good luck!
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • yogibearyyogibear Posts: 2
    edited 07/07/2014 - 10:40 PM
    Hi No I haven't had mri,it is my lower back on the right side that hurt,and my neck feel as if I have been punched in it with the pain going across the top of my shoulders if I walk to far or if I carry anything.
  • PinkellaPPinkella Posts: 211
    edited 07/08/2014 - 2:22 AM
    Yogibear I suggest you go and see a Spinal Doc and get an MRI and X-ray done of your spine ..My spinal doc would not allow a patient to see a chiropractor and have treatment with them until they have had all the appropriate imaging tests..to confirm diagnosis .and even then it still may not be a suitable treatment.so you could be making your back pain a whole lot worse by being treated by a chiropractor without having true confirmation what is wrong with your black...
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.