Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Others Dealing with Diverticulosis

Just wondering if anyone is dealing with this stomach/colon issue Diverticulosis?
I have done a lot of research on meds etc but I just want input if
possible from those who are so helpful as with other issues.
What meds are you taking or have taken?
What are your symptoms? I also have an inflamed stomach hard to know what to eat.
What food do you eat or did the Doctor put you on a diet?
My Doctor wants me to go on a Fodmaps.com diet has anyone heard of that?
Any other ideas or suggestions I would be forever grateful.
Boy just writing this is a struggle between that and the back stuff.
Just never dreamed a stomach and colon could cause such pain
and health problems.
Appreciate your help and if you respond I am sorry cause it is
not a good thing to deal with.
Thanks Sherri

• specialksmamasspecialksmama Posts: 14
    edited 07/08/2014 - 3:39 AM
    I had been having a sharp pain in my left hip for 3-4 yrs. I just thought it was from my female issues. My daughter had come home and found me laying in a fetal position again. She took me to the ER and they did a battery of tests. Finally a dr came in and told me that I had one of the most severe cases of diverticulitis that he ever seen. They, my Ob/gyn n that gastro Dr did both surgeries at the same time. One did my hysterectomy and colontresection at the same time. He took 6-8 inches of my colon. Unfortunately about a week later the resection came apart. I had to go back to emergency surgery and have a colostomy bag put on and I had to wear it for 6 months. I went to the EDIT. He is the head of that dept and the best in the world!!! He did the reversal surgery successfully!! I haven't had any problems except sometimes I get constipated from some of my meds. He told me to always have M.O.M...Milk of Magnesia (cherry flavor). When I need to I take about 2 tbsp, 1 1/2 tbsp, drink about a half of a glass of water and by morning. I know that I had a bad experience but not everyone does. I hope that some of my experience helps you!! Ask your dr lots of questions!! I didn't get the chance to bcuz everything happened so fast.

Post edited to remove specific doctor's name and medical facility by Liz The spine-health moderator team.
  • specialksmamasspecialksmama Posts: 14
    edited 07/08/2014 - 3:06 AM
    Continued......I take medicine on a daily basis but not for that reason. I just know that I can't eat nuts, I can have them but only a few. Strawberries, only 1, if I want mote I have to peel the seeds off. And hot dogs or anything with a casing eat once in a while bcuz I didn't know until I went through that experience that the casings don't digest. Do some research on the web.