Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9.3mm disc extrusion

Hello. I am a healthy 37 yr old female. I have had ongoing low back pain and have been working with PT and had an MRI a week ago. My MRI report showed a 9.3 mm disc extrusion at L5 S1 with minimal contact with the thecal sac and S1 nerve roots. L3 L4 also has extrusion and the remaining lumbar discs are protruding. And this was on a good week without the radiating sciatica. My primary doctor says these findings are normal for someone my age. Not sure I believe her. She referred me to pain mgmt and I have my 1st appt with them on Thursday. Will the pain mgmt doc do further investigation to find out what the actual problem is? I have been treated for piriformis syndrome with 6 wks of PT and that has helped some but there is still this constant pain at the left sacroiliac joint that goes deep into my buttock. My MRI report says mild spinal stenosis at L3-L4 & L4-S1 as well as degenerative disease. I have dealt with the pain intermittently for 15 years with flare-ups only a few times a year. Now it's been constant since February and the intensity varies from day to day. Looking forward to getting some clear answers.