Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help in reading mri results

magicrat13mmagicrat13 Posts: 8
edited 07/08/2014 - 5:33 PM in Lower Back Pain
newbie here...

i had micro discectomy about 10 weeks ago but am still having pain and some tingling in left leg....doctor checked my reflexes and feels something is going on....

just got my "latest" mri results back....was wondering if anyone can tell me what it says in "english" lol.....i am seeing my surgeon in a couple weeks but am going on vacation and would like to get an idea of what is going on before i go on vacation.....

any help would be greatly appreciated...

there is a small vertebral body hemangioma involving t11

at l3-l4 there is a left paracentral disk protrusion with minimal central spinal stenosis which is unchanged from previous mri...there is a mild left forminal stenosis from far llateral disk bulge and facet disease...

at l4-l5 there is a disk bulge combined with facet disease without significant spinal stenosis

at l5-s1 there are new postsurgical changes from the laminectomy....there is enhancing granulation tissue at the laminecttomy site and surrounding the left lateral recess....there is development of a new left paracentral extruded disk herniation which extends to the left lateral recess and displaces the left s1 nerve root posteriorly seen best on series 801 and image 8 and series 701 image 7....the central disk herniation appears smaller than on previous study...

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 07/08/2014 - 8:36 AM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • so much for that....

was just looking for an opinion....
  • i found this from one of your moderator's....which is why i posted here....as said, i AM meeting with my surgeon....just hoping someone can give me an OPINION before i meet with him so i have an "idea" before i head out for vacation....

thank you...

" Interpreting any MRI results. Many members can comment on what your readings are and give some meaning behind them.
    BUT please be aware that the posts you are receiving here is NOT formal medical advice. Some members probably have a good idea on how to interpret the readings, but still, just realize that this is only members advice based on their experiences.
    Always get the formal readings from your Doctor(s)"

• LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 07/08/2014 - 9:44 AM
    You can do some google searches or even do searches on this site regarding the results. I was able to get a lot of information that way and then have questions prepared when I met with my surgeon. The main reason we are unable to interpret the results is because you can wind up with misinformation that could cause a lot of confusion. The only way you'll be able to get accurate information you're looking for is to have it come from your Dr. MRI's are just one part in developing a diagnosis. Symptoms, physical exam etc are important as well. Many people have disc bulges, stenosis etc but it's to what degree and if it's consistent with your symptoms. There is no one here who can properly answer those kind of questions. I know how frustrating it is to have to wait, but I would rather wait than get information that may not be correct.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

The forum rules state
    5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),

5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • being difficult.....but again i am just looking for anyone's opinion who might have similar issues....i will never rely on what someone on a forum says and again am seeing my doctor in a few weeks...

i do laugh at all the rules that are one the forum....i understand the rules and expect them....but i found this site and have read many mri interpretations from other postes....and even quoted a moderator about reading the mri's and interpreting them!......
  • This is a privately owned and operated website, for the benefit of those with spine conditions. The owners of this website have instituted rules and policies regarding what is permitted and not permitted on their website.
    You quoted a reference to a thread that was 5 year or more old, when the rules of this website were different.
    Since you seemingly refuse to comply with, and want to argue the point , despite the fact that the forum rules have clearly been stated several times in this thread, I am going to lock this thread.