Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here, C3 C4 Fusion today 7/9/14, prayers for dennis, please!

New Here, C3 C4 Fusion today 7/9/14, prayers for dennis, please!

This is a very active and busy forum, I can see, It must be" the place" huh, for Q/A, support to and from, ccommunity! That s what I have been seeking, thanks for being here!

I posted in Back Neck Pain Forum about today's surgery, last evening with a sort of Introduction, but wanted to get back here and do this correctly.

I am a 61 yr old LTD/Retired Utility Worker (Elect. Production) after 40 years in heavy industry with a body that is jokingly by at least one Doc, "is 80 years old" based upon conditions/symptoms, from his observations.

Thats not a good thing, of course, coming from straight shooter like him, but its truer than I'd like to have it be

Arthritic Degenerative Joint Disease.has taken most of my major joints out ans is working on all of the rest, large and small.

Ive already lost five joints to artificial replacements , two of which are Dupuy Metal on Metal Joints which are consistently symptomatic with "Metalosis" (blood poisoning from metal on metal contact/reaction) with imminent Failure due to poisoning if not replaced, they are in need of revision. One of the is is already revised the other awaits the proper timing.

Both knees, both hips, left shoulder have been replaced, the right shoulder is also in need of it. Wrists and ankles, feet and hands, neck., back,you name it almost, and its on its way down, if not already failed. Of course with many of the smaller joints, there is little to be done with them, surgically, treat for pain. and ;earn to live with whatever is left of my ability/mobility.

Does this sound familiar, to anyone?

Then just 7-8 weeks ago, onset About 6/15/14 I started getting scare electrical shock sort of symptoms, closeluy followed by numbness and tingling in fingers and thumbs, very much like CTS (Carpel Tunnel Syndrome), only both arms hand manifested at once, which is not consistent (in my experience) with CTS . I had long ago has Bilateral CTS treatements surgically, and were both successful, so I know little about it.

Further symptoms developed associated with my walking/gait, unable to button shirts, open ziplock bags, and the strangest disability not being able to reach above shoulder height with either Arm,

WE were "in route" on a month long "road trip" at the time, so ther was little to dobut hand in there and get home ASAP which we did a week later.

WE were able to see my Doc, arrange for MRI , and when the results came through I was sent to see a Top Notched Neurosurgeon within days.

The MRI was apparently so very serious looking that thenDoocs scrambles to get me in the OR for an intervention / fusion at C3/C4 in record time, as my symptoms increased in severity, and my abilities to walk and even control my bowels and bladder deteriorated quickly.

Today I am wheelchair bound, and soon on my way up to the Surgery Center 50 mi north of our location!

If you would be inclined to offer some support, I will accept all of it I can get, for myself and surgeon, wife and family, kids and grand-kids! We do thank you for your prayers or affirmations, spiritual healing; Reiki, or whatever your traditions or inclinations may be! Namaste dennis

PS However, DO NOT wish me luck, please! I do not want my highly qualified Neuro-Surgeon depending on, or affected by "luck" in any way, or by World Cup Soccer Matches, Scores, Saves, Penalties, or anything else during play while hes got a Knife in hand, Scores or other actions during Finals Play especially, might possibly "bode ill" for me! No thanks! LOL.