Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice needed. Change of pain situation

Xrays and two MRI,s have shown lateral and core stenosis throughout the lumbar region, osteo arthritis, degenerative disc damage etc. chronic pain and disability. I am now obliged to use a powerchair when out and a walker indoors. Thank god I have now changed my doctor to one who lives in the 21st century. He has now prescribed But-trans neurophine 10mcg patches.
I have been on them for one month having started on the 5 mcg dose. I am much improved in many ways having got rid of all the problems from Neurontin maximum dosage. I am no longer seriously depressed, I have lost the 12 lbs of weight which I had rapidly gained. I am able to get around indoors much better and have only fallen a couple of times in the last month.

The problem that has now arisen is a sudden onset of sharp and serious pain in my ankle and in my knee joint. I am then unable to put that leg to the floor. It can be left or right but never both at the same time. The only way to get rid of the pain is to lay in my adjustable bed with the foot raised and stay there for at least 30mins. I am assuming this is a sciatica type problem caused by the stenosis. It actually feels so very painful it feels as if I have broken the leg/ankle.
Has anyone else experienced this. As always any advice will be much appreciated.

• I had something similar but it was in my hips........the pain was so bad at times that I couldn't put any weight onto my legs at all, and standing usually resulted in my husband having to hold me up or winding up on the floor.
    If it continues, I would encourage you to discuss it with your doctor.