Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left back pain

matadormmatador Posts: 1
edited 07/09/2014 - 6:59 PM in Chronic Pain
Hey guys,

New to this forum.

I have been having chronic back pain for the last 5 months on my left side near the end of my ribcage. Saw a doctor about a month ago and he found blood in my urine and suggested that i might have a kidney stone. After a expensive CT scan no stones were found and i was told to come back two weeks later if the pain doesnt go away. Fast forward two weeks and the doctor found blood in my urine again and suggested blood test for CBC and liver function. Tests came back yesterday and were unremarkable. He suggested i test for blood at home using dipsticks and i did. Blood shows up in moderate amounts everyday i work. And the pain gets unbearable 3 hours into my shift and after i finish work i can barely stand straight. My back is not tender to touch but if i put slight pressure on the last two ribs i feel a weird pain that radiates to my left shoulder. Doesnt feel like muscle pain because working through the pain keeps me comfortable. Stopping movement hurts really bad. And the unbearable pain goes away about later and all i feel is a nagging pain. It wakes me up at night. Could it be costochondritis?
Im not worried about a kidney bleeding but the back pain is too bad. I also have a lump in my right groin that looks like a pulled muscle. Its causing my right knee to buckle and i have a little nerve pain. Nothing to be worried about i guess.

I really need to get this solved because i dont think i can keep going much longer. It gets that bad. I was hoping there was something wrong with my kidney because i could get it treated and move on. Now i have no idea what is going on. I thought it might be because of my weight( 5ft 11 and 95 kg) but i lost 13 kilos in 6 months. But weight loss has made it worse. :( 21 years old and im already hunching down.

Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions would help immensely.

Thanks and regards.

Solitude is bliss