Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tcsmom289ttcsmom289 Posts: 1
edited 07/11/2014 - 1:10 AM in New Member Introductions
Newbie to form who is desperate for relief.
In April this year I was rear ended while stopped. Within 10 minutes of accident headache started. It got to the point that it caused vomiting. I was taken to ER by ambulance . By then my neck and shoulder muscles were tight and burning. Had X-rays and was told nothing showed up was told to follow up with pcp. The pain proceeded to get bad enough I was taken back to ER later that night. Cat scan was done and again I was told all normal and in a couple days I would be fine. That Monday I saw my pcp. As soon as I told her the pain wasn't any better she told me I was being transported back to hospital since they saw me first. I was quite confused. The dr in ER wanted to know why I was back for a third time and said there was nothing they could do and I needed to see a orthopedic dr. The ortho did a MRI which again was told everything was normal. He referred me to pain management clinic. It is 3 months later still waiting to be seen. I'm now having severe back spams to the point the pain is so bad from neck to low back and it hurts trying to just take a short breath. My arms feel heavy and numb to the point I can't grip with my hands. It has lasted as long as 4 days with no relief and uncontroable tears. I went to a urgent care two days ago and the dr there said she wasn't going to risk her licens for pain medication. I told her all I wanted was to find out what was causing the unbearable pain and what could be done to stop it. She said I had to wait on pain management to see me. Before I left my friend called the pain management center to see when I was going to be seen. We were informed they were for chronic pain and I would have to have problems for six months to be seen. My friend cornered the dr and told her something had to be done I couldn't wait for that. We finally received a referral to a different pain center who asked for the dr to fax over my records to get things started. I was sent in circles by urgent care clinic but finally records were sent. I'm calling today to see how quick I can be seen. I think I've been done so wrong not getting the help I need it is so frustrating.
I just found this form this morning as I've not been able to sleep for 3 days now due to pain.
Any and all suggestions would be so appreciated you just don't know. I'm totally exhausted and from my shoulders to low back feels like my muscles are being restricted so bad it's like their frozen and I'm at my wits end.
Susan duty