Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upper and middle back pain since 2 years

DushyanthDDushyanth Posts: 2
edited 07/13/2014 - 12:10 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm 19 now.my neck and back muscles were pulled severly three years back and then after bed rest for some days i recoverd
.After recovering from the pulled muscles,again after six months of continous bad sitting posture the real problem started.

REAL PROBLEM:my upper back,middle back and neck have a dull (not sharp) every minute of every day except when i am sleeping or moving constantly like playing or running e.t.c
The pain is not ubearable at begining but gets worse with time.last year(one year after the actual pain started) i consulted a orthopedian he took an x-ray and MRI scan and no problem is found.so he said that the pain is due to weak muscles and posture and suggested me an physiotheraphist who asked me to strengthen my core and back muscles.i did so but with no any kind of reduce in pain.since last 2 months i have changed my life style completely.i did plank,super man,(with legs on ground)bridge,leg raises.i can now hold the normal plank for 3 mins.i have gained 10 kgs of weight also as suggested by him.i am six foot 1 inch and now weigh 74 kgs.but still there is no even a bit of pain reduced.
DESCRIPTION OF PAIN:the back pain is mostly in the upper and middle of back.it is in the centre of the spine and symmetric towards both sides(left and right).the pain is not sharp.it dull and more like burning sensation rather than pain.
1.when i sit for like 1 hour my upper and middle back along with neck starts aching no matter how straight and erect i sit.i cannot sit in classes like that or study even for exams.
2.when i take deep breaths my upper and middle back hurts but not much of a problem though.