Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

S curve 45 degrees on top 43 on bottom can anyone give me some advice regarding surgery?

Hi everyone i am a 24 year old female. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 12. My mother seemed to think that my spine would straigthen on its own and refused any of the medical procedures offered. I am now starting to have back pain and recently went to see my doctor. I had xrays done i have a S shaped curve the top measures at 45 degrees and the bottom is at 43. Also i have a very prominent rib hump on my back right side, this has been an issue and struggle for years it just makes me feel bad about myself. I havent been able to go to the public pool because i am self concious of what people will say if they notice my rib hump. I want to know if surgery is a good idea and if it will reduce my large rib hump? Please any information i can get would be helpfull.