Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness but rarely pain

I have scoliosis and kyphosis which the Dr. Said it shouldn't cause pain. (Yeah right) I've been dealing with low back pain and sciatica for about 8 years now and I'm only 26. I've done pt, chiro, and injections but just decided to stop spending money on things that weren't helping and deal with it. Some days its terrible and others I'm fine. Things changed.

About 2 months ago my lower back pain really increased and was at its worse when sitting. Then one day I went to pick up a piece of paper and I got zinged across my back. I could barely walk it hurt so bad. The next day when I woke up the pain was surprisingly better so I figured it was muscle. Then a fee days later it got bad.... The butt cheek became numb, my thigh, heel, and down to my little toe. Pain was unbareable especially when sitting. Went to Dr. And he shrugged it off and loaded me with muscle relaxers, steroids, and pain killers. The steroids helped a lot with the pain. I only have pain here and there but don't have to take anything for it. BUT the numbness is still there. Its improved but is still constantly there. I get spasms along with numbness, tingling, and cold feeling to my foot. Went to the Dr. Again and by this time my foot has been numb for around 3weeks now. My Dr. Wasn't too concerned since the pain has improved. The only test he did wax had me walk on the balls of me feet which I passed. I did fail the straight leg test horrendously though.

So is it good the pain has improved or is bad since I'm still numb?

(Sry about typos. On phone)