Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Plasma Rich, Stem Cell therapy

I was offered the chance to have Plasma Rich & Stem Cell injections into the herniated discs of my spine. I decided that this experimental therapy wasn't for me & could cause more problems & was very unlikely to help. Has anyone had either of these therapies in the joints of their spine? What were the results? I'm just interested...
Osteoarthritis & DDD.

• My husband had it for his elbow. He got pretty significant results from it.
  • Thank you! What was wrong with his elbow? How many treatments did he have? I know it's an experimental thing. I'm definitely not perusing this therapy for discs but it could be an interesting development for arthritis..possibly. I know I'm desperate. Just interested. ;-)

Was it covered by his insurance or did you guys have to pay out of pocket?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I had PRP injection near my elbow and it hurt for a couple of weeks (like I had injured it badly) but then it completely healed and no more pain or problems. I had like a torn tendon where it inserts into the elbow bone. I cannot have any additional steroid injections nor take non-steroid anti inflammatories so the only other option was surgery. The surgery would have most likely been a longer recovery and more painful. My insurance did not cover the injection but it was well worth the $400 fee. Had not heard they were being offered for spine but I imagine it would be very painful (not so much the injection, but the inflammatory process the platelets trigger).
  • I have had an epidural and a SI injection with no relief. In fact my pain has increased dramatically and now have weakness in both legs. Pain & weakness was only right sided in the beginning.
    My pain DR suggested PRP in SI joint next. I just don't know what to do.
    He also wanted another MRI to see if something has changed because I am unable to raise my legs when lying down. Also very weak walking.
    Anyone have luck with this in SI Joint? Also the DR is only going by symptoms that this is an SI problem.
    Take Care.