Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6wks post op New symptoms

Hi After suffering with back issues for 17 years and being told by 3 different doctors that I needed a fusion I finally gave in. I had ALIF L4- Sacrum w/ posterior instrument fusion surgery on May 30th.The surgery went great. About 16 hours after my surgery my doctor was ready to release me after seeing. PT and OT Who were both VERY impressed with how well I was doing. Besides normal incision pain and some pain from moving around, My first week home I felt like a normal person. During the last 6 months before my surgery I had a pinched nerve. So I had pain and numbness issues on my left side. Now one week after surgery I started getting leg pain In BOTH legs It was NOTHING like before. I called my Doctor and he felt it was my nerve just waking up and healing. I saw him at two weeks for my incision check and he asked about the leg pain When I explained that it started from my hip to the tip of my toes It felt like when you have a tooth ache and it's that constant throbbing but ALL over my legs .Electric shocks ,tingling ,numbness ,calf pain, foot pain ankle pain Sometimes if something brushes my foot I could go through the ceiling He didn't feel it was the nerve waking up anymore but was totally stumped. He put me on Gabapentin and said he would see me at my 6 week check up. No changes taking the meds. Some leg/foot symptoms seemed to get worse .I cant stand very long Maybe 20 minutes Same with walking New symptoms started. Pain in lower part of my neck across my shoulders down my arms and into my hands . Have a hard time lifting left arm all the way up. Some numbness and tingling in hands and down my arms. Saw him today. And he is still stumped. Especially with the new symptoms. He ran a few blood test that came back negative and now wants to do a bone marrow MRI of my upper spine If that doesn't show anything he is going to send me to a neurologist . Anyone else have anything like this happen to them ? I do have one of the most reputable doctors And I don't think this is surgery related but I feel so useless and I'm starting to regret my surgery.