Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Revision Decompression & Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion at L5/S1

Dawnylou68DDawnylou68 Posts: 46
edited 07/17/2014 - 2:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Following a Discetomy in April 2013, it was discovered due to ongoing pain that I had a cyst arising for the facet joints at L5/S1 and inflammation on both sides of spine.
I was booked in for the above op 5 hrs, last week and discharged following day.very quick I thought.
Anyway they sent me home with 20mg of zomorph twice daily which shortly after return home had to be raised to 30mg as I was in the most agonising pain on my right side and across lower back.
Prior to op it had always affected the left side and on mentioning this to my surgeon the following morning she said it as down to cyst being on left and the right leg always compensating for the left.
Any way I am now across my bed after 1 week of hell pain wise it has been horrendous and I also had paracetamol with the zomorph. I went back on my normal meds of Tramadol on Tuesday. The pain has been over and above anything I have ever experienced and has kept me awake and caused me so much distress, I can't sit down I can only lie on left side or tummy it has been awful. Everytime I go to the bathroom I get there ok but coming back hurts terribly it's only s few metres!!!! The stairs I have tried but it's awful and once downstairs I couldn't sit or stand for any time on right leg.
So confined to the bedroom, luckily it is quite large so not too bad, reading when pain calms a bit and surfing on iPad.
Has anyone suffered similar to this and how long does it go on for, I prided myself in having a high threshold for pain but this has surpassed anything I expected.