Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stem Cells

IsstoriIIsstori Posts: 2
edited 07/19/2014 - 4:57 AM in Alternative Treatments
Good morning,
has anyone ever heard about Stem Cell Therapy for Arthritis and joint problems?
Apparently this should be a method which could be very interesting!
I read something about stem cell therapies on the website of EDITED from vienna, who specialized on stem cell treatments and what I read was really interesting!
Does anyone has more information about this kind of treatment?

Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

• controversial.......in many places it is marketed as a cure for everything, but there is little in the way of supporting evidence at this stage of the research. It is expensive, and usually not covered by insurance because of the lacking studies to support it's claims.
    In the future, once more research has been done, and proven, as far as being successful , I think that it may have some possibilities.
  • I had a consult for Plasma Rich & Stem Cell treatments for badly herniated discs in my lumbar spine. After extensive research I decided that the probability of it helping was pretty slim. There is a lot of pain & risk associated with this procedure & it would have to be repeated many times making it incredibly expensive & only the preliminary work was covered by insurance.

I did find some individuals who had great success with plasma & stem cells for treating, accelerating healing in other areas of the body & different tissues so I think it could hold some promise for joints & maybe arthritis. This is still all very new & lot more research needs to be done before I would consider it. New information is being released all the time. If you come across anything interesting please share. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.