Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Undiagnosed pain in pelvic and legs

LeVikenLLeViken Posts: 1
Hi. My girlfriend has an undiagnosed condition. We have tried MRI scans, x-ray, blood tests, physiotherapy. Basicially been in and out of doctors offices these past 6-7 years

. Symptoms include: Swollen legs (too much water in them - she's tried Diuretics with minimal effect), cold feet very often - especially during the winter, and bad circulation in her legs. All of these symptoms are from waist down. She also is describing the pain almost as growing pains (although she is 23 years old, and finished growing 6-7 years ago) starting in the pelvis and all the way down to the ankles. She started having the visual symptoms at around 14-15 y.o, but the physical pain has been there all her life. Sometimes the pains are so severe she is crying herself to sleep.

Anyone out there with experience with similar symptoms? Important to note that these pains only occur about once a week or so, but more frequent these last weeks - triggering me to try our luck here.

We are extremely grateful towards anyone who care to weigh in on our problems. Thanks

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Have they ever checked bloodcirculation/ bloodvessels/arteria in her legs ?
  • SandstormSSandstorm Posts: 3
    edited 07/31/2014 - 11:23 AM
    Hi my name is Sandra Willson, I wanted to share my medical finding which sound a lot like your Girlfriend has. I first started being seen for back pain Jan 2012 for 1 year then referred over to pain mgmt. My symptoms were right leg swelling, tingling, both legs numb and cold and progressively worst pain down leg and fire in my hip (literally)Pain Management referred me to spinal injections of which I had three. Long story short on the 3rd one I immediately had pain that takes your breathe away and it made me vomit. Of course I'm thinking what the heck is happening, so I try to make appt with my Pain Mgmt Dr and I cant get in for 6 weeks. By then I was a wreck in so much pain and just walking around wimpering. The Dr. finally ordered an MRI which to date had not been done or any other testing and received a call immediately from P.M. DR stating I must rush to a surgeon, but of course it took another month. I was placed on Percoset and morphine. End result is on March 31, 2014 I had 4 of the 5 disks fused, my stomache cut open to work on the front of my spine and bone off of my hip. I am in the process of being formally classified as 100% Disabled and in waiting for almost a year for the surgery and walking unnaturally it turns out I now need 2 total knee replacements, first one August 13. My left leg is still numb but I no longer have the hip pain. I was skating roller derby prior to going to Pain Management and I feel if proper testing would have been done I would most likely still have my life. My health care is with Kaiser and I did file a complaint requesting an investigation and almost demand a surgery date which did get me my March date. The complaint was face to face with a Supervisor in Member Services yet it mentioned nothing I had said re no testing which I am now fighting. Anyway, my spirits are pretty good and like anything else in life we have to adjust, stand up for ourselves and not blame the world. I'm happy and have survived so far.
    Sandra Willson