Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question CRP

I have been going through some pretty tough times
over the last 10 months. Back issues, stomach,
several injections and changes in meds.
Something has changed and I just feel horrible,
weak, mind not right on and on.
Don't want to go on about all of that but I insisted
on blood work up and found out my CRP is high.
I had never heard of that and am wondering has
anyone else dealt with that and what did they do
to find what was causing it.
Should I be worried my Doctor does want to run
more tests.
I have been doing some research but there are
so many things it can be and scared now
that I have one more thing to deal with on top of
everything else.
I know my issues do not come close to what so many
others on here deal with but for me I am at my end
of the rope.
Appreciate all you can tell me and you support always
Thanks Sherri
advertisement

Comments

• is a marker in blood for inflammation.......and as you said, it could be related to so many things, most of them minor. That's why the doctor wants to run more blood work to see if he can track it down or narrow it down.
    Many of us will have that marker result show up in our bloodwork due to the inflammation in our spines. I have had it show up in many of the blood work results over the years.
  • Hope3HHope3 Posts: 794
    edited 07/19/2014 - 7:13 AM
    Sandi
    I was just doing some reading and that is exactly right, It is amazing
    the constant and complicated things that can go on in the spine and
    body. I don't think I could possibly begin to understand it all.
    You continue to amaze at the knowledge you have of all of it and
    sadly you have gained that a lot from going through your own health issues.
    Thanks as always for your help I won't freak out.
    Sherri
  • How did they treat yours if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks Sherri
  • I don't know much about it, I'm still learning. Have you had blood tests to rule out rheumatoid arthritis in the past?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • because we just assumed it was related to what was going on with my spine.......I'm sure it is still up there, elevated, and probably always will be to some extent.
  • Well after getting a phone call the nurse said I needed further tests, it was high and
    to call on Mon. I did and she said well the Doc. does not want you to come back in
    for a month. What you told me it was high and now nothing. I asked her how high it
    was and she told me .9--- and I told her that is not even over the low end.
    I told her why did you even call me, she goes I don't know. It is a test for inflammation
    in the body which so many of us are dealing with. There are
    like Sandi told me I think I ton of things that can cause it to go up and mine was not
    even up. So live and learn glad I did since I had never heard of it.
    Thanks for the help as always
    Sherri
advertisement