Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all! So, although I am new to the forum... I'm far from being new to chronic pain. Long story short- I used to be involved in a very abusive relationship. (Not so much physical... more so verbal and mental) Many people do not understand why others stay in these relationships...but it's very scary and not as easy a many believe! So, during this time I was training BJJ. I had just got accepted into my dream school.for forensics. Unfortunately, 90% of towns require you to be a.police officer prior to working crime scene. But, I wanted this so badly... I was willing to do anything for it. He.... didnt like this. I continued to train and enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed every minute of it that he was not there. One night, my friend and I wer sparring.. as he and his friend were doing drills on the other side. Out of nowhere I heard a thump...but thought nothing of it. I so kindly had been fooled and he ha placed a weight bar being my legs "by accident." I fell over it and fractured my spine. For obvious reasons... we never spoke again... that wa the last I could take. After a year of therapies, cortisone shots and cooling rubs... I knew there was more wrong. I soon found out I had two slipped discs, one pinching my sciatica nerve.There were no successful therapies and I could no longer take the pain. I am 23 years old, and 3 1/2 months post op of a two leveled spinal fusion. My dream job is out of the question... and I cant even tell you what's more depressing for me: the fact I stuck around and allowed a conniving, manipulative man ruin my life... or the fact I wake up in severe pain... every single day.
I'm really just hoping to get some guidance through this, as well as hopefully help others. It's very unfortunate, but people can not understand unless they've experienced this type of pain. I wish you all well- and thank you for the read!:-)