Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain in my neck and shoulders

Hi Everyone, due to two herniated discs and some stenosis in my neck, I had a neck fusion surgery back in Oct of 13.
I have been waiting for my pain to go away as my doctor has been saying it would, but it has not. He says the pain is related to muscle spasm, but I have been going to therapy, had trigger point injections and no relief at all. My doctor insists that it is muscle spasm and I should go into steem rooms and saunas for it to go away but the summer in NJ is just like a steem room and sauna, yet I see no change in my pain. I have made an appiontment to see a pain management doctor, but I figured I post this and ask all you guys to see anyone might be familiar with what I am going through. No numbness or tingling. If I do physical work and pick up stuff it gets worse and spreads to all my upper back.
Thanks before hand

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 07/20/2014 - 11:54 AM
    stretches and physical therapy to help ease the muscle strain? After cervical surgery, it happens at times where the muscles and tendons tighten up . Excercise, strengthening, and physical therapy all help to ease that over time.
  • and it really is not helping. I must mention that my work is very physical and I pick heavy things up all the time, Could that be the reason that my pain is not going away? I have plenty of strength, and I can do all things, but It just hurts and even more later.
    I am just wondering that may be I should just let my body relax naturally by stopping the physical things. I have to say I am glad that this is not out of the ordinary because I was starting to think perhaps something was seriuosly wrong. Thanks again