Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical injections

I've been attending therapy and today the Dr. gave me orders to go to the pain clinic for injections. Has anyone gone through this yet? I'm nervous....actually I'm scared.

• Hello choosing life,
    I have had two injections into my cervical spine. They are not to bad if done by a Dr. Also it depends where you are getting them. The first few days after getting shot are the worst since they create pressure inside spine which puts pressure on root nerves. Let me know if you need more info.
  • They're not bad at all. Mine was done by an anasthesiologist. The first time I was lightly sedated, the second time I wasn't (my choice). I got some relief, but it only lasted a few weeks.
  • I've had two for cervical. No big deal. The local anesthesia is a little painful and I don't think they helped me enough to be worth the hassle.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    cervical injections are really not that difficult to go through. There are many potential benefits from them
    Take a look at the major topic area regarding injections for more details
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for the feed back you all. I hope everyone is well. dmo whatever information you have for me would be greatly appreciated. I'm nervous but the pain and lack of sleep is making me anxiously wait. I just want to know what it feels like to be pain free again, at least some sort of relief. God forbid if the dizziness and nausea gets really bad again...I'll chat back after Wednesday. Be blessed everyone.
  • I had the injections today, strangely it feel like I have some relief. I'm sore right now and still numb, I hurt for so long I guess what I'm feeling is phantom pain or pressure. I'm going to go to sleep and see how I feel. The experience was painful for me but I think it's because of how long I had been dealing with the pain and the area already hurting. The Dr. was great as well as all of the staff. Hope everyone is well today....
  • Hey life,
    I see you had injections, hopefully they helped. You didn't give any info on your condition or what treatments if any you have tried. Injections can be good but in the end they are only a quick fix. I have had cervical issues for years. I have neck, shoulder and arm pain daily. Wish I could say I am getting better but it's just not happening. I need 2 level acdf with instrumentation. I fought the good fight but in the end I lost. Surgery is in my near future. Give us some info on your condition. Good luck.