Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello this is my first time visiting and posting in this type of forum. My name is Dave and I have had severe neck and back pain since 2004. I was in the United States Navy stationed in Florida and had knee surgery and instead of putting a person with crutches on the first floor they put me on the third floor. Well one day when I was going to get some chow I had slipped on the floor while they were putting new carpet down. My crutches were facing north toward the ceiling and my back and neck were completely compressed. I basically fell straight down on my lower back and it was concrete, so concrete vs bone usually bones don't win. Because of this I had to retire from the Navy receiving only 20% I appealed and now at 50% and appealing that.In 2009 I had a car accident which worsened my condition and all tests were done and MRI and found that I had two herniated disc two bulging disc and degenerative disc disease and bone spurs in my cervical spine. I required surgery because the slightest car accident I could have been paralyzed because of the severity of my injury. They performed an acdf level 3 surgery. There was lots more damage than they MRI showed they had to take an additional hour to an hour and a half to try to repair my neck. I have a plate and eight screws in my neck. Recovery was intense and painful and was expected. About one month out the pain is a bit more intense more down the central part of my neck. My muscles are very tense like a rock not in a good sense and I have been having the dropsies more, that is I'm dropping things like I was before the surgery. My primary doctor said I need to follow up with the surgeon which I have an appointment in August. But it doesn't sound like this is part of the recovery process. They gave me all the appropriate medications. Plus an old MRI found that I degenerative disc disease in my thoracic part of my back. And that either one or both of the t-7 t-8 could be fractured. Could it be the fusion isn't fusing properly? I know the higher the level the least likely it might fuse. Or could it be that some of the screws or the plate shifted every so slightly and they might have to re enter and tweak it? Any response would be great. It was nice to introduce myself and hope that I'm able to meet new friends that are or have gone through similar situations. Thank you everyone for your time and reading about my situation.
David Ramsey