Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I'm a 66 yr old. Woman who has suffered from Stage IV breast cancer since 2002. I worked full time for the State in Judicial Department until certain chemos wiped me out, and I retired on Disability in May, 2012. This past December I developed excruciating neck pain. An MRI revealed a C-1/C2 fracture. The advice was anterior fusion, followed by radiation. At the end of April, I had anterior fusion from occipital to C1-C 4 ( cadaver bone). I recovered nicely for first few months and was not in cancer treatment. I had difficulty swallowing for months and limited occipital neuritis.
On June 3 , I endured 3 hrs of gamma knife ( type of brain and neck radiation), which included being placed in a halo and then surviving separate brain/ head MRIs BEFORE the radiation. I took me days of reclining to get my neck muscles feeling back to what is relative normal. I refer to it as " lockdown", whereby I have 0 head/ neck rotation, can barely swallow or talk. Ironically I have little pain. I have experimented with multiple meds that make me sick, or trigger migraines . My surgeon depends upon my palliative care doctor to find a muscle relaxant that works. Flexeril knocks me out , Valium doesn't work, and since I already take Ativan we are sticking with that. I take time released pain meds for the chemo bone pain, but if I take too much of that I get sick. We talked about bacloven, which she says will trigger nausea which I have with this chemo (Afinitor) , I also suffer from horrible migraine. I found an airplane pillow and lying down is the only remedy for me. Makes for a dull life. If I go out, I have to come home to lie down.
So the bottom line is this, and sorry this is so long: does anyone else experience this??