Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

28 y/o with degenerative changes in upper cervical.

Hi! I*ve previously read on these forums and seen how much knowledge that is shared. So why not join in :-)

I'm a 28 year old mom of 1 working as a registered nurse. I have been diagnosed with idiopathic coccydynia and have had several blockades done and also cortisone injections without effect (nerve blocks did remove the pain though). Since some years back have had neck pain which has come and gone and since 6 months has spiralled towards unbearable.

MRI in 2014 of lumbo-sacral area was without remarks, just a nerve root cyst of 9 mm diameter not effecting any nerve. Cervical/thoracic MRI showed slight degenerative changes on c3-c4-c5 with some nerve root impingement, cervical spine was also straightened. Doctor said that was normal. I am currently on pregabaline 150 + 225 mg/day, paracetamol 665mg x4/day, lamictal 50+75mg /day, oxycodone x many. Just stopped fentanyl patches on my own accord and started piroxikam x1 yesterday and tomorrow trying out hydromorphone 4 mg x 2/day.

A doctor at the PCO I work at is looking into eventual inflammatory diseases due to me having familiar psoriasis/crohns. Tests so far have been ok though. I am getting depressed, I thought my latest MRI would shed some light as to why my neck/upper back hurts so badly. I get pins and needles from middle neck down between my scapulas, also a horrible feeling of pressure and it feels cold sometimes too. No symtoms from arms, all pain is centered in neck/upper thoracic and it becomes worse as the day progresses when I am forced to sit/stand.

Does anyone here have any advice for me? I am at a loss of what to do.