Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Repeat L5 S1 laminectomy. after myleeogram.

Hello everyone. Im hoping for some hope. I was injured in Jan and April I had microdiscetomy on L5S1 immediately after my left leg from the knee up and groin area were completely numb. My doctor about 2 weeks post op decided to perform a myleeogram, he then decided it was too soon after surgery to see anything. Lots of fun for nothing. Shortly after repeated mri show re herniation exiting my nerve root. Surgery 2 was on the 24th so im almost a week post op. This time when waking I had such severe calf pain. I felt like my calf was exploding. 3 times my blood pressure fell below 90 and I kept waking to a nurse shaking and poking me. Now im home still have the intense leg pain in left leg. Have an odd numbness but it feels like I have turncate on. With the numbness I also have this terrible pain achy and throbbing. I feel like my leg is on fire. Can't feel my middle 3 toes at all. It feels like I have been standing in the snow for hours that pain you get when your thawing out. Its so intense I can't stand it. Doctor thinks its inflammation and put me in steroids but im just not sure. Im scared and hoping that someone else has recovered from this??? I have a 4 hear old that I have not been able to rely hold since Jan. This stuff has taken its toll on my family. I just want to get better a d feel normal again. My Doctor said if this one didn't work that I will need a fusion and im just so scared of that. Please help.