Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Done almost every test still no answers.. Help!

Hi everyone, This is my first post, so my apogies if I did it incorrectly. I have been told that I have 2 bulging discs in C4-5 & c5-6 and L 3-4 With disc degeneration. I believe i have had those for a while now and we just stumbled upon them. I had neck pain, which thru a few Dr's visits ended up with MRI which found the disc problems. Then my legs began to burn down the back of my thighs to my feet, EMG/MRI were done and confirmed I had a L3-4 bulging disc. Well the neck pain is gone but the leg burning wont go away. Had oral steroids, anti inflamatory , injections.6 weeks of physcial therapy. Nothing has worked.
went to see 3 spine surgeons, one recommened more shots, the other 2 said it was neurological not spinal. That those discs have been there for quite a while and they are not touching the spinal cord. Had a triple test to rule out MS came back normal. Could it be sciatica? wouldnt that be seen on a MRI. I also have this dumb icy tingle that comes and goes alll day long in my upper back between my shoulder blade and spine. Comes automatically when I look down or bend. I feel weakness and tingles in my arms at times, My legs just dont feel right.Sitting, Standing, is starting to really hurt now. Laying down doesnt help either just burning/tingling all day.
i have an appt with a nerve discorder neurologist in a couple of weeks. I drove for the first time yesterday in a long time and it was soo painful both legs were burning, Hope someone can help...
Thank you for reading me vent...

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,858
    when the a problem can not be isolated.
    Very interesting that you went from cervical disc problems to lumbar disc problems, and now the cervical pain/problem has seemed to disappear. But now instead, the lumbar pain is surfacing.

When all the various tests come back and indicate nothing that is basically at a condition where surgical intervention is required., your doctors need to come up with a plan to address your problem.

The good news is that none of your lumbar discs are impinging a nerve root at this time. If they did, that would give you the sciatica pain. I am not a doctor but unless a disc is impacting a nerve root or something else is causing the nerve to be compressed, you would not see any real sciatica. Since those discs have been in that state for a while, it is very possible that they have started to heal.

Meanwhile, I would go along with the doctor's plans in terms of Spinal Injections and Physical Therapy, perhaps even Aqua therapy,. At the same time your approach in ruling out MS is important, you might even want to consider seeing a rheumatologist to determine of rheumatoid arthritis is in your system.

Keep on searching until you get some definite answers. Keep in mind though, those answers may come back and say there is really nothing we can do, there is nothing structural wrong. But you know how you are feeling and then you will need to determine what is the best course of action to minimize your discomfort.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com