Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Maybe a dumb question- cervical injections

I see a lot of posts/comments where people have had injections in their spine. Are we talking corti-steroid injections? Or is there a different kind? I cant have cortisteroid injections after having a severe reaction involving immediate issues and surgery afterwards because I ended up having a rare reaction/ infection at the site. THey had to cut the infection out. I was told never again to have one by the Dr..Granted, it was in my hand when it happened but I sure am not anxious to have something like that to happen in my spine area.
Tracie C

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    There are a number of different types of spinal injections. The most common one you were here on this site is ESI Epidural Spinal Injection. That is a steroidal injection that with the aid of fluoroscope can be injected to provide temporary relief to the patient. That is the objective. For some , it might buy them some time, for others, its enough to allow the discs to start to heal themselves.

The other major type of injection is the TPI Trigger Point Injection. The injection may be an anesthetic such as lidocaine (Xylocaine) or bupivicaine (Marcaine), a mixture of anesthetics, or a corticosteroid (cortisone medication) alone or mixed with lidocaine. Sometimes, the Trigger point injection is done directly into the bodies trigger point without any medication. This is called dry needling and is done to make a given body trigger point inactive thus reducing the pain.

Here is a link to the Spine-Health medical library of articles and videos that deal with Spinal injections
    Spinal Injections
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am pretty new to all of the issues discussed in here. I am trying to find out as much information as I can but I dont seem to be finding all that much for my actual issue.Based on what you may have seen or heard, do you think an injection of some sort be used to treat a disc extrusion with sesquestration?
    Tracie C