Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Possible Axial LB Pain, possibly with referral pain, ...

I am trying to determine if I have Axial Low Back Pain with Referring Pain or two completely separate issues.
3 years ago, I was 48, 6ft tall, 195 lbs., probably 15 lbs overweight. Was balancing a heavy object, it dropped and i felt a "pop" or "click" in lower back I felt lower back pain tightness right away. Assumed it would go away but it did not. Went to Dr. who felt it was a muscle strain. Whenever I lifted anything in any degree of poor posture, I would wake up with lower back pain that I could not sleep with un medicated. Over the next couple of years I have had to squat even to pick up a pencil as upper body weight alone would cause this issue to inflame if leaning forward to pick up. I did reinjure it a couple of times when i could not avoid a bad lifting position.
I went to a physio who was supposed to be quite good. (read very expensive), and religiously did these minute core stabilizer exercises for a month but nothing changed. In fact whenever I perhaps overdid exercises a bit it would be worse.
Lately, about 3 months ago I started to feel numbness and tingling in the inner thigh between groin and just above the knee if not sitting perfectly anatomically. I could still feel things in that area, just feels different so I guess not really numb. It is mostly not what i would call painful, but is very annoying, and has lately progressed to feel like a burning and has also spread a bit, also now to the middle of the thigh, but is definitely not on the lateral side like many people seem to have an issue with. Flying lately has become a real problem as I cannot get to the correct position in economy seats, I have to stand every 5 or 10 minutes. My Dr. feels that it is likely a groin area problem and not back related, because of where the leg numbness and burning is. I was sent for an ultrasound on my right groin area and the Dr should have the results tomorrow or next day.
Running or stair climbs seem to have no ill effects on either issue, in fact playing Rugby is not a problem, but ice hockey seems to aggravate the back as probably my skating body position is not what it should be. A possible complication is that I have had a couple of minor groin strains on that side and a quad strain right up in that area, possibly an origin of the Adductor Longus.
Wondering if anyone reading this has any related issues such as this?