Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Broken bones in back car accident

My daughter was involved in car accident jan 13, she broken 3 bones in back s1 to L something, cant remember exactly now, had metal rod placed through bones as the tendons had broken off and unstable break. She is 19 years old and in constant pain. She is being sent for pain management. We have just received a compensation offer but we are not sure whether to accept as we understand she will have long term problems. Will she need further ops, problems in pregnancy, pain, these are all questions on our mind at mo. Any advice? Many thanks
helen v
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,888
    edited 08/02/2014 - 11:24 PM
    There is nobody qualified to give you this type of information, you need to discuss this with pain management and her surgeon for the long term prognosis.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/spinal-fusion/spine-fusion-risks-and-complications

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Brandi77BBrandi77 Posts: 3
    edited 08/03/2014 - 10:15 AM
    Im dealing with an insurance company now that is repeatedly asking me to settle. I dont have long term prognosis nor have I fully recovered. If they keep pushing, push back. Its nothing to call an attorney an interview them (ask a ton of questions). You/she does not have an impairment rating at this point nor a long term prognosis at this point in time. So for them to push is crazy, unless they are offering 99% of policy limits.

Attorneys take 33% to 40%(if they go to trial)

I understand you dont want to hire one without her being fully recovered as neither do I. So when my Claims agent suggested/pushing to settle for the 5th time last week...I asked are you sure? he replied yes.. So I stated are you prepared to settle for 99% of policy limits? he hasn't asked again. I know from speaking to 5 attorneys this case of mine will exceed policy limits if/when I decide if I will hire an attorney and it goes to trial (which it will).

I on the other hand will have to have another surgery on my left arm, my gait and walking still is very painful. Now Im going for an MRI on my low back since walking with a boot on my left leg. (I dropped 8ft and broke my arm in 3 places and shattered my navicular in my left foot, I have 26 screws and 2 plates) Im 4 months post-op and still in Physical therapy and will be for another 4 months min.

The insurance company is pushing for a quick settlement when they know this will be a very expensive suit.
    Look out for her first and $ second.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have or need any advise on interviewing attorney's.

Brandi Smithson