Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two questions l4-l5 pre discectomy

Hey, im gonna have my discectomy on l4-l5 soon. I was doing PT for the last 3 months till now but can't get rid od sciatica pain even if back pain decresed by half. I'm doing core exercises every day including planks etc. I'm also walking about 10miles per day and will be doing it till the day of surgery.
Here's first question, do strong core before surgery help getting back to normal after it? i know they cut some muscles that's why im asking this question. I'm 23 very athletic bodybuilder with something like 8% body fat(almost 4 years of hard training, disc got herniated during 300lbs dead lift)

Second thing is bar training after surgery, is it possible to hang on bar after surgery and do workout like pull ups etc? ofc not in first or second week but some time after, Heard that hanging is good for spine so maybe doing pullups and other things on it would be good as well. It also seems to strenghten core.