Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Golf - Tiger Woods

Seems Tiger Woods is learning the perils of back surgery and what recovery can bring! He had to drop out of a tournament early due to an off shot and having spasms.

It's a shame because there will be people saying he is faking the pain because he is playing badly. I feel for the guy. I used to be able to play 18 holes just fine. Now, I'm lucky to get nine holes in without being in considerable pain. Rotating at the hip is something that a fusion at L4-S1 just doesn't like. I don't know if he had a fusion or other procedure but I feel the same thing with hitting a chip shot and getting too much dirt. Hurts like crap.

I just wonder if he will ever be able to get back to where he once was???

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• Tiger had a microdiscectomy in Utah March 2014. Not sure at what level though. I suspect either L4 L5 or L5 S1 level. I noticed he was limping and grabbing his right butt when heading to his RV after leaving the ninth hole. The media is saying he was having muscle spasms in lower back which is axial (left to right vs up and down) but it looked like he was having sciatic pain on TV because of his limping. Back issues are non discriminating, successful athletes as well as every day guys and gals fall victim to its wrath. I think he came back too soon, and wouldn't be surprised if his dominance as a world class golfer takes a back seat for quite some time.