Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Would a chiropractor help?

Hey! A little over 2 years ago I had surgery done. It was a laminectomy and discectomy on my L4-L5. I've been to PT after surgery. Saw the surgeon a couple months after surgery and I currently see a pain management doctor. I'm still in a lot of pain. I want to find another pain management doctor because the one I see now pretty much doesn't listen to the pain I have. It's in one ear and out the other. I have pain in my lower back, upper back, and also in my hips and legs. I spoke to a friend about a chiropractor and I'm wondering if anyone else that has this type of pain or had this type of surgery found that a chiropractor helped with the pain. It's hard going day by day with pain and I'm only 29 years old. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• I have had surgery on my lower back. Prior to surgery the chiropractor did not help my lower back much. My neck is a different story. The Chiropractor has helped my neck. I have not had any injections or surgeries on my neck as a result.
    Post surgery, my Chiropractor has helped my back a lot.
    Your story could be different depending what is causing you the pain.
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 08/07/2014 - 5:30 AM
    Are you still doing the excercises and stretches taught to you during your physical therapy? If not, you may want to start doing them again. Physical therapy only helps when you continue to use the excercises and stretches you are taught during the sessions. With spine issues, it is important that you continue to work at recovery, for the rest of your life to continue to keep your core muscles strong and to rebuild your endurance and strength post op.
    As far as a chiropractor goes, some are better than others, but I would want to ensure that there is nothing else going on in your spine before allowing any adjustments. Massage, heat, etc might help but it can be risky allowing adjustments/manipulation of your spine when you have had spine issues previously, so it is best to be sure that there is no risk of causing further problems first.
  • I think I will do back and neck exercises for the rest of my life. I don't want things to get worse than they need to be.