Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica Left Leg Thigh - Ouch

Hello forum, I am 67 year old male and currently dealing with significant sciatica and lower back pain through the front of my left thigh. I thought that sciatica is suppose to be in the back of my leg. Why is mine in the front of my left thigh?

Past medical history includes L4/L5 fusion in 2004, resulting in spinal stenosis, non - diabetic periferal neuropathy, right knee replacement in 2010, and left hip replacement in fall of 2013. Other than occasional lower back pain I was only getting slight numbness in right thigh until recently. Bottom of my feet are totally numb from the neuropathy, try to avoid ladders!!! I usually try to avoid walking long distances over a mile because of my lower back pain. We are normally active and able to ride our bikes 20 miles each time twice a week. Regardless I am on a ton of prescription meds and could probably start a Pharmacy.

Two weeks ago we all decided to go to the Milwaukee Zoo for the day with grandkids, and how do I say no thank you!!! Very bad idea!!!! Two days latter my wife and I went for our usual 20 mile bike ride. After both activities I was still fine till the afternoon of the next day. Out of a 10 point scale it was an 8. My immediate thought was to make sue I didn't hurt my hip replacement. We saw my surgeon asap and after XRays he stated the hip was fine and that the pain I was experiencing was my sciatica. Are you sure? He gave me a Prescription for a 6 day Prednisone Pak, Hydrocodone, and 4 weeks of Physical Therapy. The Physical Therapy starts this Friday. I finished the Prednisone, and trying to use Advil instead of the Hydrocodone. No fun getting older!

Started swimming today to see if that helps. Medicare told me they do not cover Chrioprator Care, so I hope that the Physical Therapy helps. JFSHW47