Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No stranger to pain, but this is new. Help!

So I've had L5/S1 issues since I was 13 (I'm now 24), and have been having crazy intense muscle pain in my neck and shoulders for about two years now. WELL apparently I'm making it to the rest of my back, as I have been having really intense pain in my thoracic spine for about a week. I could really use some insight on what other people with pain in this area do to alleviate pain? I already take Norco 5 mg and ibuprofen regularly. I'm using heat too, but that only seems to help while I'm using it, and I can't be on a heating pad all day!

For a little more info: I'm almost certain whatever I did, I did at work (retail), because that's when I noticed the pain. I saw my doctor yesterday, who regularly does manipulations and chiropractic work on me. I told him that I was experiencing sharp pains and pointed out the area. After he examined me and felt around he said that my T7/T8 disc was twisted. He "cracked" it and I instantly felt better. But a few hours later and the pain was back with a vengeance. Sharper than before, and I could barely move. I took a muscle relaxant and went to bed. I feel SLIGHTLY better today than yesterday, but not by much.

I really need some tips here. This is the absolute worst time for this to be happening, I do not have the time or luxury to relax and see if that helps it go away on it's own. I work the next 6 days and then I'm leaving to see my husband for the first time in 7 months (he's been deployed), and I'd really rather not be an invalid for the few days I'll get to see him. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
23 years old, female, back problems began at age 13.

Herniated disc at L5-S1. Microdiscectomy in '05, fusion in '07. No relief found other than the daily tramadol.

New: neck pain with radiating tingling/pain down both arms into hands.