Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve block injections

SeenalotSSeenalot Posts: 3
edited 08/07/2014 - 8:47 AM in Spinal Injections
I have a prolapsed disc at L5 which is compressing the right side nerve causing excruciating pain down right leg with tingling and pins and needles. I had two steroid nerve block injections a few weeks ago but although the pain went and turned to mild discomfort, pain has now returned when I put weight on leg. I will be having a booster procedure very soon but if the pain comes back after that repeat lot of jabs into spine I may have to consider surgery on the disc - to free the trapped nerve. I have seen osteopaths and physiotherapists but is there any stretching exercise (or anything) I can do to free the nerve that is being compressed? Fed up taking painkillers and tens machine makes little impact.