Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Epidural Injections

Hello ,
I have a few questions for you all but first let me give you the run down . I injured my back at work. Went to dr they thought it was a lumbar sprain which after the paid getting worse they sent me for a MRI and it turned out to be a herniated L5/S1. Went to a orthopedic doctor and he recommended spinal injections. The first one eased the paid for about 2 wks. so went for another. The second one could not be done because he puncture the space and pulled back spinal fluid in the process. I ended up with a severe headache and after almost a week I ended up having to get blood patch. Now I thought that was bad so I decided I wasn't going to do another . But the paid got so bad that I said ok ill give it another shot. Wish I didn't..... This time when he did the injection I felt so much pressure in the back of my neck and it went to the right side of my head. My head was just hurting so bad. I was talking then all of a sudden I couldn't talk or move. I started to vomit . My bp sky rocketed . It was like a bad dream . The nurse said " oh no this isn't suppose to happen ". The thing was I couldn't say a word because the pain and the ability not to talk. Dr. came in and was asking me questions but I couldn't answer. He told them to give me some demurral and I couldn't tell him not to . I'm a EMT and I knew that giving me that while I'm already vomiting will only make it worse and he should too. Next thing I know he was gone and never came back in. I was there for about 8-9 hrs. They sent me home once they got my vitals a little stable . I still couldn't walk or talk and was shock they did this. Fast forward the next day I could speak again and was walking but barely. I spoke to Dr. and ask him does he know why that happen he said no. To me that wasn't go enough so then he says maybe because you where nervous. I thought maybe he got spinal fluid into the needle an injected anyway. He had the nerve to say lets try it again. Is he crazy or just trying to kill me. I said no and went for a second opinion. The surgeon I went to laugh at the fact that I was seeing this DR.and told me some people shouldn't be ding injections. Funny thing is also that when they sent over all my reports they didn't send the last one with this last injection on it. He didn't even know about it until I told him. I explain to him that when I ask the dr. did he know why It happen he said he didn't. This surgeon told me it happen because he injected with spinal fluid in the needle which he should not have done. I later find out this isn't this dr first time doing something like this. I cant understand why no one has done anything about that. He could have killed me. My question is what should I do ? Should I just let it go and count my blessing or should I talk to a lawyer ? I'm just so nervous about seeking a lawyer because I would hate to have to bring people to court. I don't care about money . I just think he needs to stop doing them. He's been a dr for over 30 yrs. and maybe he needs to give it up.