Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here- would appreciate any thoughts

Babette123BBabette123 Posts: 7
edited 08/11/2014 - 7:45 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I posted this on several boards. I went from being a work out queen to chronic pain queen, thanks to doctors. After 1 month from moving, I felt a pull in my back, then weird pain in both legs. Every doc "never heard of pain in both legs". I had mris and all showed spinal stenosis and other problems, yet not one doc would give me a laminectomy, even after trying all options. They all said I was "normal" for my age. I am middle aged but thought I was in great shape, beating my teenage son and all. Almost 6 yrs. of nerve pain I awoke to burning pain in both legs and called 911. All I thought was finally a laminectomy. Turns out this doc cut too much bone and gave me scoliosis, and my spine was collapsing.EDIT I had no recourse to top it off. I had reconstructive back surgery in Dec. 2012. I felt fine after the surgery but then got a fractured neck and more surgery in Feb, 2013. I still felt fine. As time went on, I felt worse. I took a small fall over a wire onto my knees, still not sure if that has anything to do with it. The hardware feels so darn heavy and feels like I can feel it moving as I do. They scraped down bumps on my neck that appeared after the surgery and one still isn't healing. They never put staples, just strips and when I went in, the PA cuts the scab and puts iodine on it!!! I am so fed up. Never have I been this miserable and mad in my life. To top things off, my son who I thought was to stay out west (we came here foolishly b/c of him joining the Navy) goes back east, marries and baby makes 3. My husband also gets sick. I have faith and hope but it is just too much for anyone. We have no one here and can't go back in time, but sure long for those days. I have thought of getting some of this hardware out, it is so heavy, but this surgeon has a great rep but showed terrible after care. I am pretty depressed, I miss NY, but not the cold, miss my son and a grand daughter I never saw. I'm in Az., and never got to enjoy it and have hated all that happened. I was supposed to be seen and this hospital never called nor have they been helpful in many ways. Supposedly, I can't see another doc, unless I pay and can't afford to. I tried walking the past 2 days and felt worse. I know everyone is different, but shouldn't I be getting better? It's over 1 1/2 yrs. has anyone had a similar experience? If you read this thank you, if you respond a big thanks. I have been to several boards and ignored, nothing worse than that. Just looking for opinions. Why so good at first, should I continue to walk maybe every other day, get another x-ray, hardware removed or partially? Thanks in advance
advertisement

Comments