Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

constant neck pain/headaches for 5+ years

Hi everyone I just started seeing a pain dr. and am just looking for more information and resources. Been in pain for so long I can't remember what it feels like to be pain free, or even close to it.

MRI/ct scan of head/neck in 2012 showed an abnormal facet joint at base of neck, a small bone spur and disc degeneration in 2 disks in my neck (cannot remember which ones at the moment, I left my report/records at the pain doc so he could go over them and read them) I have no idea if he will need updated tests. Also all the muscles in my upper back/shoulders are chronically tight and painful.

Things I have tried:
-Acupuncture
-Physical therapy (only went a few times as I had a 3 days long severe headache after each time)
-Heating pads/ice
-Flexeril (only made me sleepy)
-Deep tissue massage (helps temporarily for the tight muscles but then a day later its right back where it was)
-Ibuprofen (have popped this like Pez for years and get scolded not to take so much)
-Icy Hot on the neck

Pain doc has me on Nortriptyline taken at bedtime and Meloxicam taken daily, and will try injections at my next appointment next Tuesday 8/12. No real improvements in neck pain so hope the injections give me some relief. Although I am a little fearful of it, I am more tired of being in constant chronic pain.
advertisement

Comments