Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervicogenic tension headaches post of 4 level fusion

Hello,
I am new to the site.

I've come to you wondering if anyone has suffered from Cervicogenic TENSION headaches a few years after a c3-c7 anterior fusion?

At first, I thought it was my vision causing these. It starts with severe occipital tightness that spreads up thru the temples and around my eyes. I've always been sensitive to bright light, but it's gotten worse.

I know that my c1-3 is working overtime. I'm scared because what happens if I have to get c1-3 fused? What happens?
Wondering also if muscle relaxers would help. I take nothing for pain and both of my fusions were very successful.

Carole
Carole Munns
advertisement

Comments

• I was recently looking for answers for the headaches that I have been getting for the last couple of years and finally found that the cervicogenic headaches description matches the headaches that I have been getting. I usually only get them a few times a month but the other day I had 4 episodes of bad pain that stopped me in my tracks. I also get muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder afterwards.They don't last all that long for me but I tend to feel nauseous and a little lightheaded from the pain of them. Sensitivity to light isn't bad with it every time but I think its because of the other issues that follow are bad enough to not notice. I was kind of hoping that once my neck issues are taken care of, the headaches would go away. I have herniated discs at C5 and C6 with fragments lodged in the nerve bed in my neck. C4 and C7 are bulging as well
    Tracie C