Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical pain spreading

I'm new to this forum malarkey so I hope I'm in the right section. My pain issues started 24 years ago when at 13 I had an accident on the back of a motorbike which I shouldn't have been on so never go my injuries (severe neck and shoulder pain) and seen to in case it alerted my parents to what id been up to (I was a naughty kid). Several years later I started having extremely bad pain again and trouble looking up for any amount of time. I went back and for the hospital many times before an x-ray described my problem as cervical rib syndrome and I had physiotherapy but it seemed to just get worse and worse. Eventually had an M.R.I (2004) which diagnosed degenerative kyphosis and herniated disc at c5/c6 a few years later after copious amounts of painkillers ,surgery was suggested and I immediately agreed, so 2010 had second M.R.I. I was to have a follow up appointment just to make sure everything was as it was before and then all being well the op. six months past I heard nothing my Dr suggested making a call, I did 'it shouldn't be long now receptionist' said so I sat back and waited. to cut a long story short two agonising years later after many phone calls from myself and my Dr they admitted they lost my notes and I couldn't be found in the system.
Eventually I was found, I seen the consultant only to be told that any the M.R.I from 2010 things had gotten worse as another disc had herniated c6/c7 and there's no way they can operate as it would put to much pressure on my other disc some of which are already bulging.
I am now waiting for the results of my third M.R.I the consultant things I may have ostoarthritis and I'm at my wits end. I have no life anymore I'm on Mst continuous, Codine, Diclofenic, lyrica for the pain, powder to help with the toilet and something that counteracts the diclofenic that helps with my hiatus hernia. The pain I am in is unbearable I have constant neck ache, headache, mid back pain lower back pain which comes and goes, feet and pain. Any suggested for pain relieve would be greatly appreciated.
Deb 38