Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to forum but not to spine surgery

Hi All!
I'm a 58 year young :) woman in great shape except my spine and feet. I had an ACDF C5-7 in '05 and a lumbar fusion L5-S1 in 2010. Currently, I've been living with insane pain in my neck since '09. I don't have radiculapathy so my NS had not wanted to do anything. I've done PT, occipital nerve blocks with 3 different docs, massage, NSAID's and steroid injections. My main issue is I can't turn my head to the right or left without pain. I'm also currently seeing a pain doc and he is recommending RFA.
I went back to my NS this week at my pain docs suggestion and NS says that another fusion at C3-5. I have bulging disc, stenosis, major osteophytes at the 4-5 level and he said the 3-4 is unstable so he would need to do that too.
Looking for support from others with similar issues!
Oh, I work at at major academic medical center and work with my NS who is VERY well respected.
ACDF 5-7 May, 2005
LF L5-S1 Oct 2010
Possible ACDF C3-5 Nov 2014

• My issues are different than yours (lumbar) but I wanted to comment on the fact that you work with your well respected NS: you are lucky to have a good relationship with someone who has a good reputation, it must give you full confidence in him/her. Also, because he is associated with a major academic medical center, most likely your surgery will be there. This is very reassuring because you can be sure to receive the best medical care there.

Good luck!