Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


I was psychologically prepared to undergo L1-L4 lumbar fusion on Aug. 14, but my pre-op EKG was abnormal, so now I will have a Stress Echo EKG Test tomorrow (Aug. 11). Depending on the outcome, I may need to have some other tests/procedures and then the Drs will decide if the surgery should be postponed. What a bummer! Anybody else had similar set-backs?



  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Kin,
    Don't you just love it, you get yourself psyched for the fusion and then another thing enters the arena. My setbacks did not postpone any of my spine surgeries but other surgeries have been put off due to other issues that arose.
    But I know you have been a veteran here on this site and you will be strong and jump through these hoops that have been thrown your way.
    Hope all goes to plan and you won't be rescheduled. Take care & keep us all posted with your journey.
  • Hi guys, ok so I had discectmy 2 year ago on lumbar spine after 12 months horrific nerve and leg pain. It was a total success and I'm back to normal . I then became pregnant and during pregnancy I had awful neck pain and arm pain twinges. However with being pregnant I couldn't have an MRI so had to wait. The pain subsided for a while. It then returned when my baby was 6 weeks old. It was horrendous, the pain was unbearable but I saw the neuro surgeon n he suggested and MRI, which showed a prolapse disc at c6/7 I knew it was I could tell the pain... Anyway he offered surgery but I declined as I had a new Borland she was my priority. Since then ( my baby is nearly 2) I have had 4 flare ups of the neck pain arm pain numbness optical headaches, and I saw surgeon beginning of July, after another awful flare up. Hands numb durning the night etc, we discussed an acdf and he put me on his list for surgery, I got a letter to confirm it all and just told to wait until I was informed of a date for surgery. The week after I received another letter off his stating he has looked at my scan again, and feels surgery wouldn't benefit me?? I'm totally gutted and lost, he says surgery is necessary in one breath the in another says it won't help?? How can the scan change surely he can't change his mind... Please advise me guys.. I'm all geared up for surgery
  • I know how you feel Redaroonie, is sure sucks when they tell us we need surgery, but it is even worse when they inform us that for some reason we couldn't have it. Let's hope the drs will decide once and for all, and especially they come up with a decision that will bring an end to our problems.

    Good luck to you!

Sign In or Register to comment.