Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Greetings fellow sufferers - Of the dreaded back pain.

Good Morning,

I'm new to this forum and am just looking to introduce myself, I'm a 36yr old man that lives in Perth, Western Australia, I'm looking to find the best help, the best practices and what works and doesn't work for my condition, call preventative maintenance with a long term plan.

I go to the gym as often as I can - Usually 3 to 4 times a week and I was diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis L4 - Between Grade 1 to 2 (Which may be worse or better - Unknown at this stage.) with Spina Bifida Occulta L5 in my eary 20's and I have used pain management when I need to, otherwise I try and keep away from the meds for I don't want to build up a resistance and don't want to cause more problems taking them.

I see there are quite a few people that have experience the same thing, in regards to the non-understanding and unsympathetic ridicule / stigma, that is associated with having back pain, I have experienced the same thing with some friends and unfortunately family.

After 18 x months of being on light duties and going through a mild case of depression, I felt vindicated when I was told that I had a back condition .... but it definitely was a bitter sweet pill.
Told I wouldn't be able to go back to the job I was doing at the time and so I got paid out from the company I was with and had to sell my newly bought car and then had to go into a completely different industry that paid quarter of what I was getting previously.

So thank you for reading my profane dribble, I thought I would regal you with a little about my journey and hope to correspond with fellow sufferers and medical practitioners alike. Please feel free to share your journey and advice on what you have found that works for you.