Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help figuring out back pain

I woke up about 6 weeks ago with very mild mid-back pain. I didn't do anything specific -- no falling down, heavy lifting, all-out sports activity -- that would trigger this. The pain eventually went into my lower back.

When it wouldn't go away, I went to my internist who put me on Flexeril (muscle relaxer) and I started physical therapy and am also going to acupuncture. Also stretching and using heat. Nothing is working. Pain is still there, though I'm still able to function and go to work.

Pain seems to move around. Sometimes in lower back, sometimes in hips. Having been doing TENS and massage at PT. Also used tape once, which helped a lot. Pain went completely away for one day. Pain in mid-back is much better. Almost all gone. Been mostly a low back issue that just won't resolve.

Acupuncturist says this is normal and it will eventually subside with heat, stretching, acupuncture. PT also says just give it more time.

I don't have any leg pain or shooting pain, so ruling out sciatica. Definitely feels more muscular. I do occasionally have some top of butt numbness, but that could be because muscles are compressing nerves. And it's always both sides, never one.

Trying not to get freaked out over this, though I do have some pre-existing anxiety issues, so it's hard. Just wondering what's going on?

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!