Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Back/Sciatica Pain

enateeenate Posts: 1
I am 22 year old and having been having pain in my lower back and legs for about 15 months now. In May of 2013, I started having very mild pain in my lower back when lying down. I had just finished a semester of school and didn't think much about it. I figured if I did some yoga and extra stretching the pain would go away. Unfortunately this was not this case. As the summer wore on, I start having pain in my hips when lying on my side to having minor sciatica type pain when sitting down. I went to my primary care doctor, who referred me to a physical therapist. After doing the exercise and stretching for a couple months with no relief I went back to the doctor. I had an MRI on my pelvis and lumbar spine and neither showed anything significant. My pain only continued to get worse. Eventually I went to a doctor in Davis who recommended pilates because I had weak glutes. This didn't help either. My pain has only become worse as time has gone on, and I have extreme difficulty with sitting as the sciatica type pain has become worse and worse. The pain in my lower back feels like it is coming from my bones/joints, and is only when I am sitting or lying down. In July, I went to a EDITEDand had a SI joint injection, but this didn't help at all either. Another doctor recommended a facet joint injection, but I have little hope this will work. Of course, I will try it because I am desperate, but I am pretty depressed about my pain situation. I am sure many of you can relate, in regards to my pain it feels like I am in a dark tunnel with no light at the end. If anyone has had a similar problem as me or has any recommendations for my situation I would love to hear from you.

Post edited by Sandi- Please see the forum rules at the link below for more information.
You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities , devices or product names on Spine-Health.com.