Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Central disc bulge level 4/5

jenny_40jjenny_40 Posts: 29
Hi Guys I am having a bad day.....Back is so bad bit worried as I have lts of pain in both legs.. They don't feel right.. even bending forwards makes my legs hurt and keep feeling cold. I Have taken some diazpan and some gabapentin.... but do not seem to be doing anything.I am lying here with a heat pad on ..... Scary also im feeling chilly with it.... I Have managed to get to my GP on Thursday Just a bit worried im leaving these symptoms to long. Any advice be great esp if theres anyone else who are suffering any remedies will be greatfull.
Kind regards jenny

• If your symptoms are worsening, or increasing, you need to see your doctor.
  • If its nerve pain don't wait to get to a Dr. If you wait too long the nerves can get damaged if they are being pinched or compressed.
  • debbiedebdebsddebbiedebdebs Posts: 1
    edited 08/22/2014 - 1:25 AM
    hi i have been suffering for 8 months now with spinal stenosis , disc protrusion , and degenerative scolliosis, i was put on pregabalin, starting on 150mg per day, increasing after a few weeks to max dose 600mg per day.once i was on full dose i felt relief from this terrible pain.
    i was getting side effects from the full dose, memory loss, blurred vision, feeling drunk !!! so my GP lowered the dose, i was fine no pain, so i then stopped taking it, 2 weeks later OH MY GOD, the pain is back with a vengence, oh how i wish i had never stopped the drugs.so now i am back on pregabalin , nearly 2 weeks 450mg per day, but the pain is still there, does anyone know how long this drugs take to work? i have also been taking tramodol, with little effect, so today i have taken Solpadol, any suggestions please ???
  • Welcome to Spine Health.http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-message-resource

Did you just suddenly stop the Lyrica without tapering down off the medication? You should start seeing the benefits of being back on it, within a few days since you have been back on the dosage for two weeks. You didn't just go back up to that dosage without tapering up? .Lyrica, and gabapentin, and other medications used to treat neuropathic pain need to be tapered up in dose, and tapered down in dose, never just stopping them, without tapering.
    Ice, heat, stretching, rest when the pain flares and some over the counter creams and ointments may help to reduce the pain. Anti inflammatory medications available over the counter may also help.
  • I had fusion on L4/L5 in 2004 due to a slip disc. Before surgery I was having weekness in both legs, numbness in the bottom of both feet, shooting electric shocks up leg, and severe calf pain in my right leg. After surgery all was gone except the numbness in both feet. I win all tickle your feet wars with my grandchildren! The surgeon told me that I have spinal stenosis and non-diabetic periferal neuropathy. I started taking Gabepentin 3 times a day which helps with the nerve pain. The only other drugs I take for pain is Aveve 1 or 2 a day based on how I feel. If you end up having surgery, try to stay active, stretching your back, and daily excercises, Yoga, especially swimming, and bike riding. Best of luck! JFSHW47