Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck and Upper back pain + tinnitus/dizziness mainly when sitting

Trying to keep this short here. The title says it all. I'll give you a clear cut example: I was at a concert event on Saturday. I went to sit down and was eye level with the stage. I could not keep my head up for more than 15 seconds without feeling some sort of lightheadedness/dizziness and had to move my head around to shake it off. I'm perfectly fine when I stand though. Another example, I was at a baseball game in the second level up and felt the same way. If I tried to look up, I'd get some lightheadedness/dizziness. Ended up watching from the concessions standing up, when it was comfortable.

On top of this, I get tinnitus (ringing in ears) when sitting down mostly. Also, if I turn my head to the right, I have pain that radiates down the neck into the back shouldblade on the right. Xrays I have had done showed poor posture as well as slight dis degenartion at C5. Doctor sent me to PT, which I felt only made things worse. Another doctor suggested it was muscular related, especially since my right eye turns red from time to time. No MRIs have been done, yet.

I've tried chiropractor as well. While I got temporary relief, it's not the answer, and he suggested it was because my head was off my atlas. I'm not a fan of quackery any more. I want to avoid surgery if possible. Does anyone have any good exercise routines or any suggestions? I can't keep going on this way and need to actually feel better

• I tend to feel lightheaded also when moving my head in certain ways. I also have opted to stand in certain situations because of the head positioning. I have lots of meetings at work and I end up standing for part of it. They don't like it sometimes but tough, They don't know what my problem is and I don't intend to tell them much at this point. Do you get the feeling ever that your head feels "heavy"? I get that also that tends to increase the lightheaded feeling also. I was told by my chiropractor that my neck was "out of line" at the base of my skull and that makes it feel that way. I feel for you. I understand your pain and I hope that you get some answers. I went for over 2 years of trying to get answers for my pain and I finally struck gold with my chiropractor and he is helping me get the help I need finally. Good Luck
    Tracie C