Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can't find an answer

Got results from lower lumbar mri today. Dr says my 40 year old back looks more like a 20 year old. So then... Why all the pain? The only thing she said about me that looks different is the canals that the nerves to through into my legs looks narrower than average and looks like a little arthritis on the left. Wants me to try some steroids and anti-inflammatory for a couple of weeks and then an epidural if that doesn't work. Also had 2 ultrasounds on left leg 2 and 4 weeks ago.

So... The symptoms..
Almost all left leg:
Pain below buttock (rarely)
Calf pain/cramp (mild but constant)
Thigh pain (shooting/stabbing)
Inner thigh (mild stabbing)
Hamstring (mild soreness)
Inner ankle(random stabbing)
Back (mostly lower, sharp to sometimes feeling weak)

If my back looks half my age, and just some narrow nerve canals.. Why the pain? Just looking for someone with maybe similar symptoms. Doc says she thinks it's just coming from a slightly compressed nerve going into my leg. I absolutely hate taking medicine as a "test". She said medicine is not a100% science and sometimes it's not a clear answer... But I'm a cut and dry give me the fact kind of person and just not getting that.

Just looking for opinions here...understanding no one can diagnose me on the internet. With the wide range of symptoms, problems, treatments... I figured someone must share this experience.

Thanks for your time.