Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member seeking help and support.

Hello everyone, I've joined this forum in hopes that I can find a good support network for my chronic pain. I'm hoping to meet people that not only will give me their support but share suggestions. Please feel free to contact me, thank you!

• Hi Kim, I'm new too and basically here for the same reasons. As I type I am laying on my bed on a massage pad ( for the third day in a row). It seems like just when I settle in to a particular level of pain and accept it, it kicks into a whole new level and never gets better. Looking for new ideas and approaches to managing this without all the pills. I wish you luck in your endeavors.
  • Hi! I have only been on this site for about 24 hours and have already gotten some wonderful support and feedback. I hope you do too! Lots of luck!!☺
    Erin Roche
    L5/S1 Hemilaminectomy
    SCS implant in 2012
    plus much much more...
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 08/15/2014 - 1:01 AM
  • welcome to the forum, this site is very informative and full of people that can be a great help. have you had any imaging done, mri, ct or ex rays ?, what kind of pain do you have?, is it from a spine issue? if you explain your type of pain you will get better results to your questions... just put it out there, most here have heard it all and are happy to share. goodluck.gary
  • I am also new and also here for the same reason as you. Needing support and others who just can relate to living "in"
    Chronic Pain. I have not figured out how to live 'with' chronic pain yet.

I have found a few things that have helped me-

Aromatherapy- this has really helped. I have a little oil burner, kind of like those potpourri burner's and you can buy all kinds of natural oils that help for different things like mood, sleep, relaxation and yes even pain. The peppermint oil does help with pain for me. This is an enjoyable thing to do also.

Music Therapy- I have found that Music really helps me. Especially when I have to do anything that requires movement. Like shower etc. I have found that it helps to distract my mind and using my voice to sing along helps to get some of the pain and frustration out. I like it LOUD! Neighbors probably hate me but its either that or moaning. Lol!
    Sometimes just listening to a radio program on U-Tube helps as well. Again, it keeps my mind distracted.
    Have you ever listened to Coast to Coast? They have some strange, interesting topics they discuss. Look it up on U-tube.
    When I am really angry or for hardcore pain I listen to hardcore angry music. I like NIN, Godsmack etc. and other angry music for that.

Meditation- this is the thing that has really kept me alive. I have learned advanced meditation to the point that I can Astral Travel. May sound strange but it really helps. I am pretty much home bound and bed ridden- not quite but close. So this really serves as an escape and has helped me to develop my spiritual side. I have actually found myself becoming interested in reading ancient texts and things now.

Medication- I have been prescribed MS Contin for pain and it is a wonderful pain killer. I am very grateful for this pain medication. Without it- I was not able to sleep, eat, keep up on basic hygiene, think, read, etc.- these are things that I will
    never again take for granted.

I wish I could put exercise in there but I am not able to do any type of exercise. I consider it exercise to shower, dress myself,
    Do laundry, small household chores. It is exercise in my opinion because I work up a sweat and am exhausted by just these small tasks. You know?

Please let me know of any/all things that you have found helpful.
    Hope you have a good day today.
    With Love,

God Bless all of us who are suffering with chronic pain and chronic health conditions.
    With Love and compassion,
  • Just wondering if anyone has has a S I Fushion. I have and things are not getting any better.
  • Semi new here also, but not new to the pain. +6 years. I have a torn disk L5-S1. Dr. wanted to do fussion 2 yrs ago. I told him only if I crawl into his office. Injections last a couple of weeks now. We are looking at PRP or Placental Stem Cell now. Take two pills and reply in the morning.