Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic pain wrapping around ribs to sternum

Hello to all and thank you for all of your posts that have seen so very helpful for me. My name is Marna. The history of my pain is a fall from the bed onto a wooden stool 3 1/2 yrs ago. I herniated T9, bulged T10 & T11 and had a small fracture of the rib head of T10. Good news was that I am a Chiropractor so I had access to plenty of Chiropractic care, Physical Therapy, and massage therapy without charge. The bad news is that it completely took me out of practice. Initially I had pain the size of a grapefruit around the level of my bra strap. Interestingly, I could not initiate urination without bending to the left side-a symptom the doctors felt was likely psychological until recently. The pain progressed over the course of 3 years to my low back, left buttock (numbness) and the to my thigh (both front and back) The thing was the thing pain was excruciating. I had epidural injections, facet injections, trials for nerve ablation and then actual ablation at L3 and L4 because i have sacralization of L5. The ablation did NOTHING, which should have been a clue, but apparently wasn't until i had hyperflexes at Patellar and Achilles and a positive Babinski as well as numbness in the bottom of my foot. Dermatomal and myotomal pattern did not match up with MRI or EMG findings, however finally someone noticed spinal cord compression, about 40 % from T9 to T11. So, I had a laminectomy at T9 along with discectomies at T9,T10, and T11 6 days ago.. I had the usual expected post surgial pain, however, once the pain started to abate I began to notice spasm to thr right of the incision. It had been getting worse and worse and now I have wrap around pain from the incision following the rib around to the frong. i fer thi is near irritation or damage or damage from the surgery. Has any one else experienced this? I have read many posts about spasm, but not much about radiating nerve pain. I'd be grateful for any advice. My follow up appointment post surgery is Thursday.
Marna Moolla